O & O MediaRecovery
O & O MediaRecovery is a utility for recovering deleted photos, video and audio files. It is capable of recovering data even from damaged or defective media. The program was primarily created for recovering data from removable drives such as MP3 players, digital cameras, memory cards (SD, MMC, xD as well others), hard disks, and, of course, devices such as the trusty Apple iPod.
O&O MediaRecovery combines the powerful search processes of its sister data recovery products O&O DiskRecovery and O&O UnErase. These search algorithms apply different technologies to locate data in nearly all scenarios, and can be used together or individually. The algorithm from O&O UnErase is best suited for quick data rescue.
Main functions of O & O MediaRecovery:
- the ability to quickly search for files even on high-capacity media
- Improved wizard for searching and recovering data
- preview files before restoring
- recognition and recovery of more than 80 file types
- supports all Windows compatible hard drives and removable media (USB, memory cards, flash memory cards), as well as most digital cameras
- restores data even on media where the files were damaged or destroyed by incorrectly functioning software
Plus, new in O&O MediaRecovery 12:
- Numerous new signatures for files and file types now recoverable.
- Even partly damaged files and pictures can often be recovered so the program they need can work on them.
Improved speed of search and recovery.
- The algorithm from O&O DiskRecovery scans every sector of a volume for recognized file signatures and it can
- reconstruct data from them even when the entire content directory of the volume has been deleted or overwritten.